An inferno on Saturday morning engulfed Cubana in Bloemfontein, destroying the entire building in less than two hours.
Mangaung Metropolitan Municipality spokesperson Qondile Khedama said while their fire services responded to the blaze within six minutes, the blaze’s magnitude resulted in the establishment being completely razed.
Upon arrival, it was clear the fire was growing rapidly. Fortunately, firefighters were able to contain it from spreading to any of the adjacent buildings
The entire structure of the establishment – situated in President Reitz Avenue, Westdene – has collapsed.
The fire had been extinguished by midday and no neighbouring properties were affected.
No injuries or fatalities were recorded, reports News24
Khedama would not speculate on the cause.
Fire rescue management is on the scene to contain the fire at Cubana in Bloemfontein. No injuries reported so far.
Its believed the blaze was caused by faulty wiring #sabcnews#sabcfs pic.twitter.com/KCJH2yk4vF
— Aphumelele Mdlalane (@AphumeleleMdla2) November 24, 2018
Bloemfontein – Cubana: 2nd Avenue pic.twitter.com/45ySXgH30I
— Rob Beezy (@TrafficSA) November 24, 2018